Pages

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am the Queen of Lipbalm. This is true.


I wish this picture of my nightstand was an exaggeration. 

This isn't even close to my entire lip balm collection- these are strictly my before bedtime balms. I probably use a different one every night depending on my mood, but there are still some that I remain loyal to. Note: I'm personally partial to the more waxy and thick types of balms- I dig a more silky feel rather than a glossy one. Here are my top picks:

  1. MyChelle Love Your Lips in Peach Mint : Though this lip balm is the size of a glue stick... it is SO relaxing. The scent is so yummy and not overpowering, and it smells like you just walked into a spa. It's a bit denser and waxier than a typical lip balm, so it delivers a more matte look. I personally like it because it doesn't turn your lips white and I still get that consistency I love. It's chock full of antioxidants too, so your lips are getting some great health benefits and damn does it show.
  2. Blistex Deep Renewal : Deep Renewal has a coenzyme Q10 Formula and SPF 15. I use this when I expect some sun exposure. It smells a bit like cocoa butter, and the consistency is similar to a cocoa butter stick - it's thick, but has a slight sheen to it. The main goal of this lip treatment is to reduce aging signs and super hydrate your lips. It makes my lips look nice and plump while protecting them from the sun- A great combo indeed!
  3. Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cherry : This staple is literally one dollar, yet it is my all time favorite night time balm. I slather on an ample amount and I wake up with gorgeous plump lips and no flaking. In the winter when your lips get so chapped, this is your savior. Yes, it's pretty much like regular Vaseline, but it's thicker and has an awesome cherry scent. I suggest you use this every night if you are prone to chapped lips. It's the cheapest, fool-proof way to give your lips the night time hydration it deserves.
  4. Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm/Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm : I think Burt's Bees is practically everyone's favorite, but here's why I love it. The cooling and refreshing sensation of the original Burt's Bees cannot be beat. You get the cooling peppermint experience without the smell or taste of a 'medicated' menthol lip balm. I use the original beeswax when I go to yoga class. It keeps my lips hydrated without a greasy sheen and the smell provides clarity. Ohm.... Now the replenishing pomegranate oil infused Burt's Bees is equally as awesome, but it has a different consistency and the smell is so invigorating. Every time my girlfriend puts it on I can smell it and it uplifts me every time. The replenishing has a thinner consistency and goes on with more sheen. Either way, they both rock!
  5. Nivea A Kiss of Rejuvenation Q10 : This is my latest favorite- it has SPF4 and contains the anti-aging component with Q10. It feels like cashmere on your lips! If I'm not in the Vaseline mood, I slather my lips with this at night. It has a faint smell and though most squeeze tubed balms are plagued with a slippery greasiness, A Kiss of Rejuvenation has a super silky hydrating feeling.

3 comments:

  1. one can NEVER have "too many" lip balms. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am! Tell me if you find a great new lip balm to share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lip balm and gloss I hav a collection :)

    ReplyDelete